- The magazine
GSK supports Coronation Festival event at Buckingham Palace Gardens marking 60 years of innovation and excellence
Publication date: 20 November 2012
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today announced it will be a headline partner at the Coronation Festival, which will take place from the 11th-14th July 2013 to celebrate 60 years of British industry, innovation and excellence and commemorate the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen’s Coronation. The Festival will be held within the gardens of Buckingham Palace. The four day event, organised by The Royal Warrant Holders Association, will showcase a broad range of over 200 companies with a Royal Warrant*.GSK’s consumer healthcare brands, Lucozade and Macleans are Royal Warrant Holders. As one of only three lead sponsors, GSK will celebrate its contribution to innovation through R&D, manufacturing, vaccines, pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare over the last 60 years. A celebratory concert is planned to take place on three evenings during the Festival and will be exclusively supported by GSK on Friday the 12th July.
There will also be a dedicated area for The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, the charitable arm of the Royal Warrant Holders Association, which helps financially disadvantaged experienced crafts people to further their skills through the funding of further education and training.
Sir Andrew Witty, CEO at GSK, said: “As the UK’s largest pharmaceutical company and biggest private investor in R&D, GSK is delighted to be part of this iconic celebration of 60 years of excellence from British companies. Our industry makes a significant contribution to the UK economy providing employment in manufacturing and R&D, exporting critical healthcare products, collaborating with universities on leading edge research, and inspiring the next generation of scientists.”
Speaking at today’s launch Richard Peck, Secretary of the RWH Association commented: “The event will give the British public the opportunity to see the extraordinary quality and variety of skills, craftsmanship and innovation produced by companies here in Britain, presented to the world in a unique showcase.”
* Royal Warrants are a mark of recognition to individuals or companies who have supplied goods or services for at least five years to the Households of The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh or The Prince of Wales. Warrants have always been regarded as hallmarks of quality, excellence and service.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly & Company launch type 2 diabetes educational game, “Complications Combat” (24 May 2013)
- Biogen Idec Appoints Spyros Artavanis-Tsakonas Chief Scientific Officer (23 May 2013)
- GlaxoSmithKline awarded up to $200 million by U.S. government to develop new antibiotics (23 May 2013)
- Sanofi appoints David Loew, Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations, Europe (23 May 2013)
- Merck provides update on Phase III clinical program for preladenant (23 May 2013)
ABB Analytical Measurements | Analytik Jena AG | Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies | ASM - Aerosl-Service AG | Azbil BioVigilant, Inc. | B&W Tek, Inc. | Bio-Optronics, Inc. | bioMérieux | BioTrends – Archilex SA | BMG LABTECH GmbH | Bruker Daltonik GmbH | CAMO Software AS | Catalent Pharma Solutions | Chemical Plant Equipment | Chemspec Europe Ltd | CI Precision | Dow Chemical Company Ltd | DSM Biologics | FOSS NIRSystems, Inc. | GE Analytical Instruments | GenScript USA Inc. | Gerresheimer Group | HACH LANGE GMBH | HAMAMATSU PHOTONICS EUROPE | I Holland Limited | IDBS | IONIMED Analytik GmbH | Lonza | MPI Research | Natoli Engineering Company, Inc. | Pall Life Sciences | PANalytical B.V. | Patheon Inc | ReAgent | Roche | Siemens AG | Sirius Analytical Instruments Ltd | TSI | Veltek Associates Inc. | Waters Corporation |