- Cancer Biology & Biomarkers
- Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
- Contract Research, Clinical Trials and Outsourcing
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Targets
- Flow Cytometry
- Informatics & Lab Automation
- Ingredients, Excipients and Dosages
- Microbiology & Rapid Micro Methods (RMMs)
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT) & Quality by Design (QbD)
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Screening, Assays & High-Content Analysis
- Thermal Processing
- Latest News
- Contact us
GSK supports Coronation Festival event at Buckingham Palace Gardens marking 60 years of innovation and excellence
20 November 2012 • Source: GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today announced it will be a headline partner at the Coronation Festival, which will take place from the 11th-14th July 2013 to celebrate 60 years of British industry, innovation and excellence and commemorate the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen’s Coronation. The Festival will be held within the gardens of Buckingham Palace. The four day event, organised by The Royal Warrant Holders Association, will showcase a broad range of over 200 companies with a Royal Warrant*.GSK’s consumer healthcare brands, Lucozade and Macleans are Royal Warrant Holders. As one of only three lead sponsors, GSK will celebrate its contribution to innovation through R&D, manufacturing, vaccines, pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare over the last 60 years. A celebratory concert is planned to take place on three evenings during the Festival and will be exclusively supported by GSK on Friday the 12th July.
There will also be a dedicated area for The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, the charitable arm of the Royal Warrant Holders Association, which helps financially disadvantaged experienced crafts people to further their skills through the funding of further education and training.
Sir Andrew Witty, CEO at GSK, said: “As the UK’s largest pharmaceutical company and biggest private investor in R&D, GSK is delighted to be part of this iconic celebration of 60 years of excellence from British companies. Our industry makes a significant contribution to the UK economy providing employment in manufacturing and R&D, exporting critical healthcare products, collaborating with universities on leading edge research, and inspiring the next generation of scientists.”
Speaking at today’s launch Richard Peck, Secretary of the RWH Association commented: “The event will give the British public the opportunity to see the extraordinary quality and variety of skills, craftsmanship and innovation produced by companies here in Britain, presented to the world in a unique showcase.”
* Royal Warrants are a mark of recognition to individuals or companies who have supplied goods or services for at least five years to the Households of The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh or The Prince of Wales. Warrants have always been regarded as hallmarks of quality, excellence and service.