- Cancer Biology & Biomarkers
- Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
- Contract Research, Clinical Trials and Outsourcing
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Targets
- Flow Cytometry
- Informatics & Lab Automation
- Ingredients, Excipients and Dosages
- Microbiology & RMMs
- NIR, PAT & QbD
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Screening, Assays & High-Content Analysis
- Thermal Processing
- Events & Workshops
CPhI Istanbul hosts government and industry to strengthen Turkey’s role as MENA’s pharma hub
20 April 2016 • Author: CPhI
CPhI Istanbul 2016, organised by UBM EMEA, returns for the third consecutive year to Turkey, co-located with InnoPack, ICSE and P-MEC.
The four-in-one event will take place at the Istanbul Congress Center (ICC), Turkey, from the 1st to the 3rd of June 2016, and is heavily supported by the Ministry of Health (Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency) and the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association of Turkey (IEIS) – highlighting the integral role it is playing in stimulating regional growth. In total, the event is forecasted to attract over 4,200 attendees and over 200 exhibitors, both domestic and international, with attendance from regional heavyweights such as DEVA, Nobel Ilac, and Pharmactive.
Turkey is already established as the regional pharmaceutical hub, and with the fastest growth rate in the OECD – averaging 6.7% per year from 2011-2018 – it is working towards the Government’s target of becoming a top ten global healthcare economy by 2023. Key to this transformation is CPhI Istanbul, which will run a high level conference in parallel to the exhibition – specifically designed to provide vital market information, key growth opportunities, and create new strategic alliances to ensure future business success.
The Turkish pharma market has an end-user spend of US $9.1 billion and is already the seventh largest in Europe, with around 80 production facilities, 20,000 employees and direct access to the pharma markets of the Middle East and North Africa. As a result, CPhI Istanbul has seen rapid growth and has cemented its role as the key event for pharmaceutical solution suppliers from across Turkey, the Balkans, the Middle East and North Africa, and South East Europe.
In the last few years, there has been a surge of industrialisation within Turkey, as the population gentrifies, and as a result, demand for higher quality pharmaceutical products is increasing. In fact, the Turkish Ministry of Science, Industry, and Technology (AIFD)’s Strategy Report, confidently predicts that the country is set to become the regional production base for medium- and high-level technology products.
Another factor contributing to rising international interest is that the Turkish pharma market still relies heavily on imports, representing 50% of the total industry output. However, a critical consideration for international suppliers looking at market entry is access to robust business intelligence to inform better decisions.
CPhI Istanbul will feature a free-to-attend conference, focused on key legislative and regulatory updates, providing sound advisory intelligence and independent practical insights for pharma manufacturers, and domestic/international buyers and suppliers. The programme is built around six core areas: ‘Policy & Regulation’, ‘Business & Investment’, ‘Manufacturing’, ‘R&D, Innovation & New Technologies’, ‘Supply Chain’ and ‘Foreign Markets’.
The conference bridges both East and West perspectives, and key sessions include: ‘Positioning Turkey as a Regional Pharmaceutical Hub’; ‘Creating an R&D Centre Based on Entrepreneurship & Innovation: The Case for Turkey as a Pharmerging Country’; ‘Generating Value through Innovation: What the Turkish Pharma Industry Has to Offer within MENA Context?’; and ‘The Case for Turkey: Transition from Import to Local Production in Pharmaceuticals and Subsequent Need for Harmonising Supply Chain Structures’.
Orhan Caglayan, Group Director at UBM Turkey, commented: “This event has already been a huge success in the last 3-years and continues to showcase both the international and domestic appetite for pharmaceutical business. With many international attendees, and the support of regional industry and government, this event is now integral to the progressive advancement of manufacturing. It’s a diverse and evolving market, so to maximise the opportunities available, CPhI also provides a huge content platform to help both attendees and exhibitors make better-informed decisions and see the full scope of potential in this high-growth region.”
Other highlights at CPhI Istanbul 2016 include:
- For the first time, CPhI’s eponymous Matchmaking Programme comes to Istanbul –complimentary to all attendees – this programme provides the opportunity to actively target the companies that best match individual business needs. It includes a dedicated area solely designated to hosting meetings and allows attendees to pre-plan their schedules and make the most productive use of business opportunities.
- Round Table Sessions will be held, with representatives including analysts, consultants, regulatory bodies, academics and pharmaceutical manufacturing companies. Each 30-minute session will focus on the full spectrum of business critical and pharma market issues, with a maximum of 10 attendees at a time.
- CPhI Istanbul is also a part of the Hosted Buyers Programme from the Turkish Ministry of Economy, which allows for the costs of eligible buyers to be covered by the Turkish Government.
- C-Summit, supported by Fortune Turkey Magazine, gathers the leading CEO’s in the Pharma industry to discuss key issues in the market. This high level summit will take place on the show floor, with discussions centered on how to establish long-term partnerships in Eurasia, market advantages and limitations, as well as the road map for next five years in the region.
- Finally, the Women’s Networking Breakfast will feature a panel discussion on “Breaking the Glass Ceiling” and is designed to support networking and further empower female executives as business leaders in pharma.
“At our booth we had the opportunity to meet most of our business partners and distributors. Our beautiful city Istanbul attracted many international visitors to join CPhI, which provided business development opportunities between companies from different continents.” Ms. Sibel Nitelik Ödemiş – API Sales Executive & South America Region Account Manager, MN Pharmaceuticals
To register online and learn more about CPhI Istanbul visit: http://www.cphi.com/istanbul/
ABB Analytical Measurement ACD/Labs ADInstruments Ltd Advanced Analytical Technologies GmbH Analytik Jena AG Astell Scientific Ltd Bachem AG Bibby Scientific Limited Bio-Rad Laboratories BioNavis Ltd Biopharma Group Black Swan Analysis Limited Charles Ischi AG | Kraemer Elektronik Cherwell Laboratories CI Precision Cobalt Light Systems Coulter Partners CPC Biotech srl Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA DiscoverX Edinburgh Instruments Enterprise System Partners (ESP) EUROGENTEC F.P.S. Food and Pharma Systems Srl IDBS JEOL Europe L.B. Bohle Maschinen + Verfahren GmbH Lab M Ltd. LabWare Linkam Scientific Instruments Limited Molins Technologies Multicore Dynamics Ltd Nanosurf New England Biolabs, Inc. Panasonic Biomedical Sales Europe B.V. PerkinElmer Inc ReAgent Russell Finex Limited Source BioScience Takara Clontech Tornado Spectral Systems Tuttnauer Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group Wickham Laboratories Limited Xylem Analytics YMC Europe GmbH Yusen Logistics