news

GSK outlines new plan to drive recruitment & attract graduate talent in the UK

Posted: 2 March 2011 | | No comments yet

New plans to encourage students graduating from UK to consider a career with GSK…

GlaxoSmithKline logo

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today outlined new plans to encourage talented students graduating from UK universities to consider pursuing a career within the company. These measures are part of the company’s ongoing efforts, as one of the leading FTSE companies and employers in the UK, to ensure the ongoing success of the business.

Each year, GSK currently recruits between 50-100 undergraduate students from various academic disciplines into its UK Graduate Training Programmes or other roles within the company.

Successful applicants are already offered highly competitive compensation packages. However, it is anticipated that forthcoming changes to tuition fees proposed by the UK Government will result in students incurring uncapped fees of up to £27,000 for a three-year undergraduate degree course (£9,000 per year).

As a result, GSK has taken the decision to reimburse 100% of uncapped tuition fees for all undergraduates recruited in the UK. These payments will be made upon the commencement of full employment and will be conditional on the employee remaining with the company for a minimum of two years.

Uncapped fees, which are subject to Parliamentary approval, are expected to come into effect from September 2012. The timeline for the introduction of this new measure by GSK will mirror the Government’s timeline, and will be offered to students incurring uncapped fees commencing in September 2012.

These changes are being introduced as part of the company’s ongoing efforts to attract, recruit and retain the best talent and reflect the changing environment in the UK for students. The company believes these measures will help ensure that GSK remains a highly desirable place for graduates to consider working upon leaving university.

www.gsk.com