July 2014: Biochemical assays for screening workshop
Posted: 30 September 2014 | | No comments yet
Practical workshop covering the development of biochemical assays for screening purposes.
Access the latest cell based assays for screening technologies
3 day practical workshop
Venue: European ScreeningPort, Hamburg, Germany
Date: 9-11 July, 2014
European Pharmaceutical Review and European ScreeningPort presented a unique practical workshop covering the development of biochemical assays for screening purposes.
Taking place over three days at the European ScreeningPort facility in Hamburg, the workshop offered attendees the chance to participate in practical sessions using the latest technology available from six of the top screening equipment / reagent vendors in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Choice of biochemical assay development projects: kinase, protease or histone deacetylase
- Kinetic characterisation of enzymes
- Km determination for substrates
- IC50 determination for inhibitor, signal stability, choice of liquid handling and Z’
- Aspects of adaption of assays for screening of a small molecule library (known drugs)
- Data analysis and classifying compounds as Hits
- Validation of Hits selected from screening campaigns