news

Professor Alan Boyd elected President of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine

Posted: 30 April 2015 |

Professor Alan Boyd, owner of Boyds consultancy business, has been elected as President of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine…

Professor Alan Boyd

Professor Alan Boyd, owner of Boyds consultancy business, has been elected as President of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine.

Professor Alan Boyd

Professor Alan Boyd

Professor Boyd, who is currently Vice President of the Faculty, will take up office on 19 November 2015.

Commenting on his election, Professor Alan Boyd said, “I am delighted and honoured to have this opportunity to become the next President of the Faculty. I have been involved in the activities of the Faculty for many years now and I will commit myself to work with our members, health care professionals, the Royal Colleges and Faculties and our stakeholders to build on the significant achievements of the Faculty to date.”

He continued, “I want to make sure that we continue to use our expertise and leadership to advance the science and practice of pharmaceutical medicine for the benefit of patients. As President, my view is that the time has come for the Faculty to be more ‘outward looking’ and my aim will be to position the Faculty as the ‘go-to experts’ and the voice of authority for pharmaceutical medicine professionals, which I believe will attract more external groups to the Faculty for our opinions, guidance and advice.”

Professor Alan Boyd will take over from current President, Dr Keith Bragman

Professor Alan Boyd will take over from the current President, Dr Keith Bragman who finishes his three year term in the Autumn. Dr Bragman commented, “I am delighted that Professor Alan Boyd has been elected as the next President of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine. With each presidency comes the opportunity to add to the history of the Faculty. The Faculty is the standard setting body and voice of pharmaceutical medicine. We have begun to express those standards beyond the life of the Faculty. Alan has the experience to ensure that the Faculty will help further establish its role as a healthcare partner and in the wider outside world. I wish him continuing success.”

The Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine is a professional membership organisation and standard-setting body, with 1,500 members, who are practicing or retired pharmaceutical physicians or those with a professional interest in the specialty.