- The magazine
- Cancer Biology
- Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
- Contract Research
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Targets
- Flow Cytometry
- Informatics & Lab Automation
- Ingredients, Excipients and Dosages
- Microbiology & Rapid Micro Methods (RMMs)
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT) & Quality by Design (QbD)
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Screening, Assays & High-Content Analysis
- Thermal Processing
- Cell based assays for screening workshop – May 2014
- Biochemical assays for screening workshop – July 2014
- Cell based assays for screening workshop – November 2014
- 3D cell based assays: Advanced workshop – November 2013
- Chemical Biology, Drug Discovery & Screening workshop – October 2013
- Cell based assays for screening workshop – June 2013
- Biochemical Assays Workshop – April 2013
- Biochemical Assays Workshop 2012
- Pharma industry events
- About us
- Contact us
Publication date: 4 March 2013
Author(s): Daiichi Sankyo
Daiichi Sankyo announces organizational restructuring as of April 1, 2013
Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited (hereafter; Daiichi Sankyo), today announced the following organizational changes taking place from April 1, 2013.
1. DAIICHI SANKYO CO., LTD.
I. Japan Company
1) Business Intelligence Division
(1) Name change and functional enhancement of Medicinal Affairs Department
This department, which has carried out the function of the Post Marketing Studies Management Department, will support physician-led clinical trials, publication and other types of information generation in addition to information management of unapproved drugs, while taking on the new name.
II. R&D Division
1) Creation of Biologics Oversight Function
In order to raise the level of biopharmaceutical research, the Biologics Oversight Function will be created integrating biopharmaceutical functions dispersed throughout the research centers.
2) Creation of Biologics Pharmacology Research Laboratories and New Modality Research Laboratories
Within the Biologics Oversight Function, the Biologics Pharmacology Research Laboratories will be created for target based drug discovery and pharmacological evaluation of next generation biopharmaceuticals. The New Modality Research Laboratories will be created mainly for the formulation of basic technologies for discovery and optimization of drug candidates. The function of the Pharmaceutical Technology Division will also be transferred to the Biologics Technology Research Laboratories. With this overhaul, the Biologics Research Laboratories will be phased out.
3) Creation of Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratories
As part of our effort to strengthen the drug discovery research capability, we will create the Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratories to integrate Lead Discovery Research Laboratories I and Lead Discovery Research Laboratories II, which currently function to improve production of innovative small molecule drugs for each disease area. With this overhaul, Lead Discovery Research Laboratories I and Lead Discovery Research Laboratories II will be phased out.
4) Creation of Clinical Planning Department and Clinical Execution Department
Clinical Development Departments I and II will be reorganized into the Clinical Planning Department which will serve the function of domestic development planning in coordination with global development teams. The Clinical Execution Department will be created to facilitate the speedy assignment of personnel necessary for drug development projects. With this overhaul, Clinical Development Departments I and II will be phased out.
5) Creation of Venture Science Laboratories
As part of the effort to increase drug discovery research capabilities, the Venture Science Laboratories will be created as an internal venture-like research organization.
III. Quality and Safety Management Division
1) Functional enhancement of Pharmacovigilance Department
In order to clarify the department’s function of providing consistent administration of safety from development to post-marketing in the execution of risk management plans for pharmaceuticals, the Pharmacovigilance Department will be reorganized.
2. DAIICHI SANKYO ESPHA CO., LTD.
1) Creation of Sales & Marketing Division
The Sales & Marketing Division will be created above each sales department, which were previously under the direct supervision of the company president. The new department will administer the sales departments to enhance organizational strength and boost coordination.
2) Functional enhancement of Corporate Management Department
The Product Planning Department will be created through the reorganization of the existing Corporate Management Department to enhance collaboration with Ranbaxy and product planning and a reorganized Corporate Management Department will be created to carry out the corporate administration function. With this overhaul, the previously structured Corporate Management Department will be phased out.
3) Restructuring of East Japan Sales Promotion Department and West Japan Promotion Department under the Sales & Marketing Division
The East Japan Sales Promotion Department and the West Japan Promotion Department will come under the administration of the Sales & Marketing Division.
3. DAIICHI SANKYO HEALTHCARE CO., LTD.
1) Functional enhancement of Sales Division
In order to speed up decision making in relation to drug category and brand strategy, the Marketing Department will be administered directly by the company president rather than the Sales Division.
ABB Analytical Measurement Analytik Jena AG Azbil BioVigilant, Inc. B&W Tek, Inc. bioMérieux BMG LABTECH GmbH Bruker Daltonik GmbH CAMO Software AS Chemspec Europe Ltd CI Precision Dow Chemical Company Ltd EUROGENTEC FOSS NIRSystems, Inc. GE Analytical Instruments IDBS IONICON Analytik GmbH LI-COR Biosciences Natoli Engineering Company, Inc. Pall Life Sciences PhyNexus, Inc. ReAgent Roche Sirius Analytical Instruments Ltd Vala Sciences Veltek Associates Inc. Waters Corporation