Manufacturing In-Depth Focus 2018
This issue recaps the Joint Pharmaceutical Analysis Group’s symposium on Continuous Manufacturing, and explores the “perfect technology storm” facing the pharmaceutical sector.
- Continuous Manufacturing Symposium: the topics under discussion at the JPAG meeting
The Joint Pharmaceutical Analysis Group (JPAG) ran a symposium on Continuous Manufacturing (CM), at the Royal Society of Chemistry, Burlington House on Thursday 15 March 2018. Here we report the topics under discussion, which ranged from first generation Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient flow processes to meeting the challenges of big data. This report was co-ordinated by Dave P Elder, JPAG Member and David P Elder Consultancy.
- Why the pharmaceutical sector faces the ‘perfect technology storm’
All industries have experienced breakthroughs, often in fits and starts. The earliest example in the pharmaceutical sector was the commercial tablet press. Today the pharmaceutical sector faces the “perfect technology storm”, according to Emil W. Ciurczak.
This In-Depth Focus is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!