Courtney P et al. Freeze-dried formulations: a new perspective on reformulating naloxone. European Pharmaceutical Review. 2017;3:32-36
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Overdose Death Rates, https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/national-overdose-deaths2015.pdf (Accessed 24 February 2017)
- Strang J, Bird SM, Parmar MKB. Take-Home Emergency Naloxone to Prevent Heroin Overdose Deaths after Prison Release: Rationale and Practicalities for the N-ALIVE Randomized Trial. Journal of Urban Health-Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine. 2013:90(5):983−996.
- MHRA. Proposal to Allow Wider Access to Naloxone for Use in Emergencies. 2013. 26 Jun 2015 [cited 2015]. Available from: www.gov.uk/government/consultations/proposal-to-allow-wideraccess-to-naloxone-for-use-in-emergencies.
- Doyon S, Aks SE, Schaeffer S. Expanding access to naloxone in the United States. Clin. Toxicol. 2014;52(10):989−992.
- AMA. AMA Adopts New Policies to Improve Health of Nation on First Day of Voting at Annual Meeting. 2015 [cited 26 June 2015]. Available from: www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/news/news/2015/2015-06-08-new-policies-annual-meeting.page.
- WHO. Community management of opioid overdose. 2014 [cited 26 June 2015]. Available from: www.who.int/substance_abuse/publications/management_opioid_overdose/en/.
- McDermott C, Collins NC. Prehospital medication administration: a randomised study comparing intranasal and intravenous routes. Emergency medicine international. 2012;476161.
- Weber JM, Tataris KL, Hoffman JD, Aks SE, Mycyk MB. Can nebulized naloxone be used safely and effectively by emergency medical services for suspected opioid overdose? Prehospital Emergency Care. 2012;16(2):289−292.
- Hussain MA, Aungst BJ, Kearney A, Shefter E. Buccal and oral bioavailability of naloxone and naltrexone in rats. Int. J. Pharm. 1987;36 (2-3):127-130.
- Strang J, McDonald R, Alqurshi A, Royall PG, Taylor D, Forbes B. Naloxone without the needle − systematic review of candidate routes for non-injectable naloxone for opioid overdose reversal. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016; DOI: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2016.02.042.
- Pandey, Parijat P, Dahiya M. Oral Disintegrating Tablets: A Review. Int. J. Pharma Res. Rev 2016;5:50-62.
- Alqurshi AAM, et al. Amorphous Formulation and in Vitro Performance Testing of Instantly Disintegrating Buccal Tablets for the Emergency Delivery of Naloxone, Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2016;13:1688-1698.
- Alqurshi AAM, Chan KLA, Royall PG. In-situ freeze-drying – forming amorphous solids directly within capsules: An investigation of dissolution enhancement for a poorly soluble drug. 2017; Submitted Scientific Reports.
- t-Butanol oral risk assessment, executive summary. NSF-Toxicology-Services. www.documents.dgs.ca.gov/bsc/pex/exibit_nsf_t_butanol.pdf, (2003) (Date of access: 01/05/2014).
- Symonds J, Elder D. Dissolution Testing in the Modern World, EuPhRev. 2016;vol 21 iss 1:pp40-43.
- Multi-Annual Roadmap, eu-robotics.net: Analytical Laboratory Robotics. Dec 2016.