Direct compression of probiotic tablets with PROSOLV® EASYtab SP
Although probiotics are mostly administered in the form of capsules, there are some advantages of tablets in terms of production effort, cost efficiency and stability of the probiotic bacteria…
As probiotics are sensitive to high pressure and temperature, it is essential to select appropriate excipients for direct compression to ensure sufficient viability of the bacteria cells during production and storage. The aim of this study was to investigate the performance of the high functional excipient PROSOLV® EASYtab Nutra for direct compression of probiotic tablets.
The rest of this whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: The effect of humidity on tablet surfaces containing different types of superdisintegrants
- Whitepaper: Matrix effects on the performance of disintegrants
- Video: PROSOLV® EASYtab SP: The all-in-one product for higher productivity
- Video: JRS Pharma – The global MCC manufacturing network
- Comparative evaluation of pharmaceutical powder flow using different analytical methodologies