Biopharma In-Depth Focus 2018
In this issue: investment in biopharmaceuticals, particle size methods, and unlocking the potential of new technologies like Lab-on-a-chip.
- Machine learning in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
The biotechnology industry is expected to increase the production of new biopharmaceuticals.1 Biopharmaceuticals require high-quality standards, high initial investments for approval and introduction into the market as well as continued investment in manufacturing.
- Understanding the importance of diversity of particle size methods
The particle size of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) has a significant effect on a drug product’s manufacturability and performance. With respect to manufacturability, particle size can affect compatibility, flowability and blend uniformity; with respect to product performance it can affect solubility, dissolution, and bioavailability.
- Unlocking the potential of new technologies, such as Lab-on-a-chip, to cut manufacturing costs and boost product development
The investigation and development of new drugs is a time-consuming and rigorous process with many challenges. Every step and each new method is developed with the intention of bringing effective medicines to patients in the shortest possible time, while ensuring the highest possible level of safety. Good product design, as well as good manufacturing practice (GMP), can lead to more efficient development. Aside from the mass manufacturing process, the integrity of the bioprocess itself may also limit product quality in the final stage.
This In-Depth Focus is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!