Winners of the 2019 CPhI Pharma Awards announced
Thirteen winners have been announced for the 2019 CPhI Pharma Awards including Dr Ge Li for ‘CEO of the Year’ and a ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award for John Chiminski.
Credit: CPhl Pharma Awards.
The CPhI Pharma Awards celebrates the industry’s top innovators, performers and outstanding achievements across 13 categories, spanning the entire industry supply chain.
The winners of 2019 CPhI Pharma Awards were:
- Dr Ge Li, Founder, Chairman and CEO of WuXi AppTec was awarded ‘CEO of the Year’ for his significant contribution to the global biopharma R&D industry
- Cambrex was awarded ‘API Development’ for the second time in three years for its Crystallisation Screening and Process Development Service
- John Chiminski, Chair and CEO at Catalent Pharma Solutions, won the ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award for his accomplishments spanning more than three decades
- Nanoform was given the ‘Formulation’ award for its controlled expansion of supercritical solutions (CESS®)
- Spraying Systems Co/Fluid Air Inc was given the ‘Manufacturing Technology and Equipment’ award for its PolarDry® – the Cooler Technology
- Univercells received the ‘Bioprocessing and Manufacturing’ award in recognition of its NevoLine PlatformTM, which is a bioproduction system for vaccines
- Merck Healthcare KGaA was awarded the ‘Regulatory Procedures and Compliance’ prize for ‘Project SARA’ (Smart Assistant for Regulatory Affairs)
- MedPharm won the ‘Analysis, Testing, and Quality Control’ category for pioneering the regulatory approval of topical products using in vitro bioequivalence
- SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Systems and W L Gore & Associates received the ‘Packaging’ award for their syriQ BioPure® – a silicone-free syringe – whilst Hoffmann Neopac was highly commended for its STYLO Spatula applicator
- Lonza Pharma & Biotech was the winner of the ‘Pharma Service Company of the Year Award’ for its integrated global services offering that spans the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer health and specialty chemicals market
- Nanopharm Ltd was selected as the winner of the ‘Contract Services and Outsourcing’ award for SmartTrack™, with CMAC being highly commended for its CMAC National Facility
- Phillips-Medisize was given the award for ‘Drug Delivery and Devices’ for its Connected Health Platform
- Kemiex AG won the ‘Supply Chain, Logistics and Distribution’ category.
“The judges noted that this year our entries possessed an extremely high standard,” said Tara Dougal, Head of Content at Informa. “All of the finalists would have would have made outstanding winners in previous years. On behalf of CPhI Worldwide, I would like to extend my congratulations to all the winners and commend all of the finalists.
“What you are doing is of tremendous benefit to the industry, but more importantly, it is also directly contributing to improved patient experiences globally.”
Cambrex, Catalent Pharma Solutions, CMAC, Hoffmann Neopac, Kemiex AG, Lonza Pharma & Biotech, MedPharm, Merck Healthcare KGaA, Nanoform, Nanopharm Ltd, Phillips-Medisize, SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Systems, Spraying Systems Co/Fluid Air Inc, Univercells, W L Gore & Associates, WuXi AppTec