PerkinElmer announces OneSource® Scientific IT Services to drive laboratory productivity growth
Posted: 25 June 2012 | | No comments yet
PerkinElmer, Inc., has unveiled its OneSource® Scientific IT Services…
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today unveiled its OneSource® Scientific IT Services, a suite of informatics-based consulting, planning, and management offerings designed to help maximize the productivity of information technology in laboratory environments.
The OneSource Scientific IT Services comprise Lab Computing Services, Computer Systems Validation, Scientific Applications Services, and Scientific Data Services. The new solutions help customers bridge the gap between lab instrument and information technology efficiency, and are backed by proven IT domain and technical knowledge. The services are also complemented by a comprehensive understanding of laboratory instrumentation and scientific workflows.
The Scientific IT Services are an essential part of PerkinElmer’s OneSource® Laboratory Services, an industry leader in multivendor scientific technology solutions, including laboratory asset lifecycle management, qualification, laboratory relocation and lab informatics. Encompassing all major equipment manufacturers and technologies, the OneSource Laboratory Services manages over 400,000 laboratory assets in over 120 countries.
Dusty Tenney, President, Analytical Sciences & Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer, said, “With the addition of the Scientific IT Services as part of our OneSource offerings, PerkinElmer is an even stronger partner for customers. By identifying scientific IT needs and providing ongoing solutions and support expertise, we deliver holistic lab management capabilities, and help organizations make effective decisions about workflow and technology deployments.”
Tenney added, “The OneSource Scientific IT Services represent the next phase of evolution of PerkinElmer’s services business, realizing the synergies between our informatics and instrumentation expertise, to enable better and more productive scientific discoveries for human and environmental health.”
Key features of the OneSource Scientific IT Services include:
- Lab Computing Services
– Consulting, project management, and solutions for managing new technology introductions into labs, as well as workflow improvement recommendations and service level-based support solutions.
- Computer Systems Validation
– Creation of master validation plans and processes, management and execution of validation projects for new or upgraded computer systems.
- Scientific Applications Services
– Requirements analysis and project planning, implementation of new or upgraded software applications, creation of operational and transition plans, and ongoing application support and consulting.
- Scientific Data Services
– Identifying the scientific problems requiring a data solution and establishing an architecture for effective data access, including domain specific ontologies.
– Transformation of data from multiple sources into usable information that appears as a single, coherent data source with an analytics capability.
– Providing data analysis expertise and reporting to specific scientific problems.
For further information about PerkinElmer OneSource Solutions, please visit www.perkinelmer.com/onesource.