COVID-19: a wakeup call?
Posted: 20 April 2020 | Dave Elder (JPAG Member and David P Elder Consultancy) | No comments yet
References for ‘COVID-19: a wakeup call?’, in European Pharmaceutical Review Issue 2 2020.
- Tatem AJ, Rogers DJ, Hay SI. Global transport networks and infectious disease spread. Parisitol. 2006; 62:293-343.
- Taubenberger JK, Morens DM. 1918 influenza: the mother of all pandemics. Biomed. 2006;17: 69-79.
- Tatem A. Pandemics: a deadly business. Nature. 2012; 488:153.
- Woolhouse MEJ. Epidemiology: emerging diseases go global. Nature. 2008; 451(21): 898-899.
- COVID-19, MERS & SARS. https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/covid-19. Accessed on 31 March 2020.
- Situation update worldwide, as of 30 March 2020, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases. Accessed on 31 March 2020.
- IMF: COVID-19 may trigger global recession in 2020. https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/imf-covid-19-global-recession-2020-200323231228113.html. Accessed on 31 March 2020.
- Liu C, Zhou Q, Li Y, Garner LV, et al. Research and development on therapeutic agents and vaccines for covid-19 and related human corona virus diseases. ACS Central Sci, https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acscentsci.0coo272, A-Q.
- Wang M, Cao R, Zhang L, et al. Remdesivir and chloroquine effectively inhibit the recently emerged corona virus (2019-nCoV) in vitro. Cell Res, 2020; 30, 269.
- Parkinson and Gauthier-Villers. Trump Claim That Malaria Drugs Treat Coronavirus Sparks Warnings, Shortages. Wall Street Journal. 23 March 2020. https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-claim-that-malaria-drugs-treat-coronavirus-sparks-warnings-shortages-11584981897. Accessed on 31 March 2020.
- Maxmen A. More than 80 clinical trials launch to test coronavirus treatments. Nature, 2020, 578, 7795, 347-348.
- Modjarrad K, Roberts CC, Mills KT, Castellano AE, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of an anti-Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus DNA vaccine: a phase 1, open-label, single-arm, dose-escalation trial. Lancet Infect Dis 2019; published online July 24. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(19)30266-X.
- Flanagan C. First Results From Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine May Take Two More Months. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-26/first-look-at-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-may-take-two-more-months. Accessed on 31 March 2020.
- DRAFT landscape of COVID-19 candidate vaccines –20 March 2020. https://www.who.int/blueprint/priority-diseases/key-action/novel-coronavirus-landscape-ncov.pdf?ua=1. Accessed on 31 March 2020.
- Lurie N, Saville M, Hatchett R, Halton J. Developing covid-19 vaccines at pandemic speed. New Eng J Med, March 30, 2020. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp2005630
- Italian Researchers Identify New SARS-CoV-2 Gene Variants. Amer Pharm Rev, 27 March 2020. https://www.americanpharmaceuticalreview.com/1315-News/562433-Italian-Researchers-Identify-New-SARS-CoV-2-Gene-Variants/. Accessed on 31 March 2020.