Application note: Detection of contamination from gloves
This application note shows the detection of low numbers of different bacterial test strains from Neoprene® gloves.
Contact plates & swabs are common methods for surface monitoring in aseptic filling lines. The published recovery rates for several swabs and contact plates vary widely due to differences in chosen methods, surfaces and test microorganisms. This variability is also reported by the USP chapter <1116>, but the methods should be able to detect low levels of microorganisms, especially in isolators, where Neoprene® is a common material for gloves.
Related content from this organisation
- On-demand webinar: Extractables profiles for chromatography resins
- On-demand webinar: BioPhorum raw materials risk assessments
- $65 million expansion to HPAPI manufacturing facility
- Biopharma pledges to uphold scientific integrity in COVID-19 vaccine development
- MHRA issues positive opinion to avelumab for Early Access to Medicines Scheme