Application note: Neutralisation efficiency of ICR swabs
This application note shows the neutralisation efficiency of ICR swabs for sanitsed surfaces in aseptic manufacturing environments.
Swabbing is a common method for environmental monitoring in aseptic filling lines for pharmaceuticals. According to ISO 14698, all culture media intended for use in environmental monitoring should be supplemented with neutralisers to overcome antimicrobial activity at the sampling point that can lead to false negative results. The efficiency of neutralisers included in the growth medium of Merck’s ICR Swabs is demonstrated by several tests.
Related content from this organisation
- Pursuing new paths in targeted protein degradation drug development
- Efficient shutdown recovery: leveraging RMM to unlock value and ensure environmental quality
- Improved outcome for prostate cancer patients in Phase III PROpel trial
- Testing non-inferiority for accuracy of quantitative microbiological methods
- QA/QC Microbiology/RMM In-Depth Focus 2022