Application Note: Freeman Technology – Optimising continuous wet granulation
Freeman Technology and GEA Pharma Systems have conducted a study to investigate the feasibility of predicting critical quality attributes (CQA) of tablets from intermediate granule properties…
Wet granulation is routinely used in pharmaceutical manufacturing to convert fine and challenging powder blends into homogeneous granules that are then dried, milled and lubricated, before being fed through the tablet press, hopefully to form tablets of the desired properties. The aim therefore is to generate granules that flow consistently and, more importantly, produce high quality tablets. Whilst the granules are not the end product, it is known that their properties have a significant effect on the attributes of the tablet.
Freeman Technology and GEA Pharma Systems have conducted a study to investigate the feasibility of predicting critical quality attributes (CQA) of tablets from intermediate granule properties. This research has revealed a robust correlation between tablet hardness and the Basic Flowability Energy (BFE – a dynamic powder property) of the granules used to produce the tablet. The work demonstrates how BFE measurements have considerable potential to develop and optimise wet granulation processes and enhance product development and process control…
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Pharmaceutical powders characterisation – the need for a multivariate approach
- Freeman Technology unveils a new guide to powder behaviour
- Freeman Technology shows latest applications for FT4 Powder Rheometer® at PITTCON 2014
- Application Note: Freeman Technology – Optimising continuous wet granulation
- Freeman Technology and guests celebrate official presentation of 2012 Queen’s Award