Poster note: Fully automated structure verification of organic compounds by combining high resolution accurate MS with NMR data analysis
One of the greatest bottlenecks during the drug development process in pharmaceutical industry is to rapidly verify structures. This basic task frequently involves MS/ NMR experts. Here we describe a new approach which automates structure verification for (synthetic) chemists. This greatly reduces the number of cases that have to be dealt with by the “expert”. Verification results, for the user, are visualized with a red/yellow/green classification.
The chemist obtains this single combined classification with reject option for NMR and MS data. Further visual inspection of the data is possible (fig. 1) but not mandatory.
The workflow for MS analysis includes:
- Novel isotope pattern validation procedure
- Automatic recalibration
- Validation of high resolution accurate mass (HRAM) data
- Search for target compounds using high-accuracy monoisotopic m/z
- Extracted ion chromatogram (XIC), bas-peak chromatogram (BPC) and average spectrum calculation
- Masking of saturation effects
This poster note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!