Application note: Benchmarking the Microsart® AMP Mycoplasma kit against products from two other suppliers
This application note compares Sartorius’ Microsart AMP Mycoplasma kit with two other mycoplasma detection kits that are also based on DNA isolation with subsequent real-time PCR analysis.
Among the world’s smallest bacteria, mycoplasmas are capable of independent reproduction. They belong to the class of mollicutes and have a very slow parasitic growth. The contamination of cell cultures remains a major problem. An array of physiological and biochemical parameters are affected by the presence of mycoplasma in cells cultures. The infection causes changes in metabolism, growth, viability, macromolecule synthesis, morphology, etc, and therefore a sensitive routine testing for contamination of cell cultures is essential.
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Impact of the Claristep® Filtration System on recovery and adsorption of various therapeutic proteins at low sample volumes
- Whitepaper: Ultrapure water for HPLC analysis
- Application note: Benchmarking the Microsart® AMP Mycoplasma kit against products from two other suppliers
- Whitepaper: Cubis® II Pharma Compliant by Design
- Sartorius introduces Cubis II modular laboratory balances