PerkinElmer Launches Avio® 500 ICP-OES
Provides multi-elemental inorganic analyses for high volume laboratories testing complex environmental, chemical and industrial samples…
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world, today announced the launch of the Avio® 500 Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer (ICP-OES). This system is designed for all analytical laboratories running high throughput multi-elemental inorganic analyses for a wide variety of sample matrices.
The Avio 500 is a truly simultaneous ICP-OES system, featuring simultaneous background correction for faster sample-to-sample time and improved data accuracy, unsurpassed matrix tolerance, and the lowest argon consumption on the market for ICP. It is designed to meet the needs of customers requiring low and high concentration testing for a broad range of analytes in order to meet industry demands. Its wide range of application areas span environmental, petrochemical (lubricants and used oils), geochemical, food, pharmaceutical, and industrial (including batteries) markets.
“Laboratory professionals continue to face an expansive set of challenges, as regulations increase in complexity and require testing for more elements, resulting in the need for higher sample throughput and a significant increase in the types of analyses they need to perform,” said Jim Corbett, Executive Vice President and President, Discovery & Analytical Solutions, PerkinElmer. “Our new Avio 500 ICP system features technological innovations that will help our customers seamlessly test across key application areas while still keeping up with the demands and challenges of increasing sample loads and lowering the analysis cost.”
The Avio 500 system combines the following features to deliver optimal performance: simultaneous data acquisition for high sample throughput, the lowest argon consumption of any ICP and extended linear range to reduce sample preparation time while always delivering accurate measurements for challenging samples:
- Vertical plasma with quick-change torch: delivers matrix flexibility, minimizing sample preparation time
- Flat Plate™ plasma technology: generates a robust matrix-tolerant plasma using only half the argon consumed by other ICP systems
- Dual View optical system technology: optimizes axial and radial plasma viewing, measuring high and low concentrations in the same run, regardless of wavelength
- Universal Data Acquisition: enables simultaneous acquisition of all available wavelengths, helping to reduce or potentially eliminate the need to re-run samples
- PlasmaShear™ argon-free interference removal technology: eliminates interferences by removing the cool tail plume of the plasma, delivering maintenance-free, argon-free interference removal
- PlasmaCam™ viewing camera: offers continuous color viewing of the plasma, enabling remote diagnostic capabilities and simplifying method development.
The Avio 500 system also leverages the cross-platform Syngistix™ software, for a seamless transition between AA, ICP, and ICP-MS software. For more information about the Avio 500 system, please click here.