Application note: TOC for cleaning validation: swab recoveries of worst-case compounds (feasibility testing)
THE PARENTERAL Drug Association Technical Report No. 49 serves as a resource to help guide the development and evaluation of a cleaning validation programme.
The report highlights that a cleaning validation programme should include elements of design, equipment qualification and continued verification, with key points to consider based on an understanding of the cleaning process itself. This includes understanding critical performance parameters (CPPs) such as temperature, time, cleaning agent concentration and analytical methods such as TOC analysis.
Related content from this organisation
- Fact Sheet: Process analytical technology and real-time TOC testing of pharmaceutical grade water systems
- Factsheet: Total Organic Carbon (TOC) back to basics
- Application note: Online cleaning validation for real-time equipment release using total organic carbon, inorganic carbon and conductivity data
- Application Notes & Whitepapers 2020
- Fact sheet: 5 Secrets to a successful cleaning validation program