Application note: TOC for cleaning validation: swab recoveries of worst-case compounds (feasibility testing)
THE PARENTERAL Drug Association Technical Report No. 49 serves as a resource to help guide the development and evaluation of a cleaning validation programme.
The report highlights that a cleaning validation programme should include elements of design, equipment qualification and continued verification, with key points to consider based on an understanding of the cleaning process itself. This includes understanding critical performance parameters (CPPs) such as temperature, time, cleaning agent concentration and analytical methods such as TOC analysis.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: TOC for cleaning validation: swab recoveries of worst-case compounds (feasibility testing)
- Application Notes & Whitepapers 2019
- TOC fitness for purpose: How to ensure your TOC analyser is fit for compendial water & cleaning validation
- Application note: Calculating maximum allowable carryover (MAC) for cleaning validation
- Application note: Cleaning validation from HPLC to TOC: three factors to consider