Article: Why filter validation matters in dissolution testing
Syringe membrane filter selection/validation methods to assess analyte loss due to membrane filter adsorption in pharmaceutical quality control tests.
Pharmaceutical QC tests such as dissolution testing, content uniformity, assay, and blend uniformity need sample filtration before HPLC/UHPLC analysis. As quantitation of analytes is critical following these tests, filter validation studies should be used to assess analyte loss due to membrane filter adsorption. Membrane filters can bind analyte depending on membrane/analyte type, as well as analyte concentration. This study guides on filter selection during method development and validation.
Related content from this organisation
- Has the threat of waiving COVID-19 vaccine intellectual property rights had its desired effect?
- 2021 a pivotal year for personalised neoantigens, says GlobalData
- Collaboration to develop neurostimulator for inflammatory disease treatment
- Brochure: Welcome to bioprocessing – pathways for pioneers
- Short talk: How EN 17141 impacts active air sampler validation