Application Note: Rocking Motion cultivation
The BIOSTAT® Rocking Motion (RM) bioreactor system ensures optimal process control and cell growth for all single-use cell culture applications.
Flexsafe® RM bags with single-use integrated analytics allows plug and play real-time monitoring of:
- pH →integrated pH patch
- DO → dissolved oxygen(DO) patch
- viable cell volume (VCV) → BioPAT® ViaMass sensor disc
The data is fed directly into the local controller where oxygen transfer, liquid additions and mixing can be adjusted by wave-induced motion whereby bubble free overlay aeration protects cells from shear stress. This automated process control generates consistent process conditions and reliable electronic batch records with the added benefit of enabling automated substrate feed strategies based on VCV. Additionally, harvest/transfer points and optimal time points for infection for viral production can be based on real-time VCV data for improved process and product consistency.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Enhancing efficiency and economics in process development and biotherapeutics
- Pharmaceutical membrane filtration market to value $10 billion by 2025
- Cell line development services market to value $2.4 billion by 2030
- Microbial air sampler market to value $545mn by 2028
- Pharmaceutical QC market to value $9,700mn by 2027