Application note: ICP-optical emission spectroscopy
The U.S. Pharmocopeia is in the process of revising the analytical protocols for the analysis of metals in pharmaceutical products. A detailed summary of the methodology and the changes is available, so only a brief description will be given here…
The U.S. Pharmocopeia is in the process of revising the analytical protocols for the analysis of metals in pharmaceutical products. A detailed summary of the methodology and the changes is available, so only a brief description will be given here.
The new methods that will be enacted are USP Chapters <232> and <233>, which deal with inorganic content in pharmaceutical products that enters the body through consumption, inhalation, or injection directly into the blood stream. With the exception of large volume parenterals, the upper concentration limits of inorganic elements which can enter the body are based on a maximum permissible daily exposure (PDE) – these are defined in Chapter <232> and shown in Table 1 for orally consumed medications.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Separations & Purifications In-Depth Focus 2018
- Application Note: Identification of counterfeit phosphodiesterase inhibitors using NIR spectroscopy and chemometrics
- Application note: Verification of pharmaceutical raw materials using the Spectrum Two N FT-NIR Spectrometer
- Application note: Quantitative Analysis of Immunosuppressant Drugs in Serum Using a QSight 110 Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
- PerkinElmer Launches Avio® 500 ICP-OES