Whitepaper: The impacts of Brexit on the bio/pharmaceutical industry
On 23 June 2016, the decision was made on the European Union referendum for the United Kingdom to withdraw from the European Union.
Known as Brexit, this process will result in the United Kingdom becoming a third-party country to the European Union and will close the UK’s access to the Single Market effective 29 March 2019. Brexit will affect the bio/pharmaceutical industry worldwide as currently the UK is deeply integrated to the global pharmaceutical trade.
Of the $1.1 trillion estimated world pharmaceutical market in 2016, about 50% or $568 billion were exported according to World Trade Organization (WTO) data. As one of the main suppliers and customers, the UK contributes 6% of both total imports and exports worldwide.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: ABCs of reference standard management
- Recent BPT acquisitions
- Whitepaper: Ten things you should know before contracting a custom synthesis project
- Whitepaper: The impacts of Brexit on the bio/pharmaceutical industry
- Eurofins: The largest scope of global services. The sharpest focus on data integrity.
Big Pharma, Biopharmaceuticals, Bioprocessing, Bioproduction, Brexit, cGMP, Distribution & Logistics, Downstream, Drug Manufacturing, Drug Markets, Drug Supply Chain, Good Distribution Practice (GDP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Manufacturing, Outsourcing, Packaging, Production, QA/QC, Regulation & Legislation, Research & Development (R&D), Supply Chain