Application note: Cleaning validation from HPLC to TOC: three factors to consider
This application note from SUEZ outlines the factors that companies should consider when choosing their cleaning validation procedure, highlighting the benefits of TOC analysis over HPLC.
Total Organic Carbon (TOC) analysis is often preferred over traditional, product-specific methods for cleaning validation due to its speed, simplicity, and ability to enhance process understanding.
HPLC vs. TOC
TOC analysis offers several benefits over HPLC, including:
• Better process understanding
• Faster sample analysis
• Simpler method development
• Greater productivity
• Opportunity for at-line and online efficiency gains
• Lower operating costs.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Cleaning validation from HPLC to TOC: three factors to consider
- Don’t let difficult substances control your cleaning validation
- Application note: Conductivity bridge study – from benchtop metre and probe to automated Sievers M9
- Guide to Analytical Testing 2019
- Annex 1 Revisions: Let’s talk TOC and conductivity requirements for pharmaceutical water systems