Application note: Cleaning validation from HPLC to TOC: three factors to consider
This application note from SUEZ outlines the factors that companies should consider when choosing their cleaning validation procedure, highlighting the benefits of TOC analysis over HPLC.
Total Organic Carbon (TOC) analysis is often preferred over traditional, product-specific methods for cleaning validation due to its speed, simplicity, and ability to enhance process understanding.
HPLC vs. TOC
TOC analysis offers several benefits over HPLC, including:
• Better process understanding
• Faster sample analysis
• Simpler method development
• Greater productivity
• Opportunity for at-line and online efficiency gains
• Lower operating costs.
Related content from this organisation
- Guide to Analytical Testing
- Cleaning validation – a beginner’s guide to increasing efficiency with TOC
- Application note: TOC for cleaning validation: swab recoveries of worst-case compounds (feasibility testing)
- Application Notes & Whitepapers 2019
- TOC fitness for purpose: How to ensure your TOC analyser is fit for compendial water & cleaning validation