Application note: Cleaning validation from HPLC to TOC: three factors to consider
This application note from SUEZ outlines the factors that companies should consider when choosing their cleaning validation procedure, highlighting the benefits of TOC analysis over HPLC.
Total Organic Carbon (TOC) analysis is often preferred over traditional, product-specific methods for cleaning validation due to its speed, simplicity, and ability to enhance process understanding.
HPLC vs. TOC
TOC analysis offers several benefits over HPLC, including:
• Better process understanding
• Faster sample analysis
• Simpler method development
• Greater productivity
• Opportunity for at-line and online efficiency gains
• Lower operating costs.
Related content from this organisation
- Infographic: How different endotoxin testing platforms work
- News: Endotoxin automation is achieved with microfluidics for simple, compliant BET
- Fact Sheet: Process analytical technology and real-time TOC testing of pharmaceutical grade water systems
- Factsheet: Total Organic Carbon (TOC) back to basics
- Application note: Online cleaning validation for real-time equipment release using total organic carbon, inorganic carbon and conductivity data