Case Study: Using AdvantaSil™ High Pressure Unreinforced Silicone Tubing for bulk fluid transfer
The transfer of bulk liquids, such as media, buffer and intermediates, are critically important in biopharmaceutical production processes. This case study describes the performance of AdvantaSil High Pressure Unreinforced Silicone Tubing (APHP) used in a Monoclonal Antibody process for the transfer of buffers in purification.
The objective of the customer was to identify tubing that would minimise the time required for fluid transfer by maximising flow rate. AdvantaPure’s engineering team collaborated with the customer to design and conduct testing of APHP tubing. The capability of the tubing to withstand pumping flow rates between 5 and 50 LPM and resultant changes in pressure drop until point of failure (tubing collapse) at the suction line was studied.
Related content from this organisation
- Case Study: Using AdvantaSil™ High Pressure Unreinforced Silicone Tubing for bulk fluid transfer
- Ideal for single-use purification processes and high volume fluid transfer
- AdvantaPure® introduces AdvantaSil™ ultra low temperature silicone tubing
- AdvantaPure® introduces new case studies on tubing, closures and molded assemblies
- AdvantaPure® completes full BPOG extractables testing of several silicone and TPE tubing products