Whitepaper: Influence of different lubricants on tabletting characteristics and dissolution behaviour
Lubricants have a far more wide-reaching impact on the characteristics of the finished tablet than merely easing their means of production. A study was carried out to investigate precisely what those effects were.
Apart from their desired effect of reducing the ejection force and punch adhesion, lubricants also have a considerable influence on the tablet hardness, disintegration, and dissolution times due to their inherent hydrophobicity. This study aimed to investigate the influence of the lubricant molecular structure on the aforementioned characteristics.
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: The effect of humidity on tablet surfaces containing different types of superdisintegrants
- Whitepaper: Matrix effects on the performance of disintegrants
- Video: PROSOLV® EASYtab SP: The all-in-one product for higher productivity
- Video: JRS Pharma – The global MCC manufacturing network
- Comparative evaluation of pharmaceutical powder flow using different analytical methodologies