Whitepaper: Influence of different lubricants on tabletting characteristics and dissolution behaviour
Lubricants have a far more wide-reaching impact on the characteristics of the finished tablet than merely easing their means of production. A study was carried out to investigate precisely what those effects were.
Apart from their desired effect of reducing the ejection force and punch adhesion, lubricants also have a considerable influence on the tablet hardness, disintegration, and dissolution times due to their inherent hydrophobicity. This study aimed to investigate the influence of the lubricant molecular structure on the aforementioned characteristics.
Related content from this organisation
- Comparative evaluation of pharmaceutical powder flow using different analytical methodologies
- Scientific Poster & Whitepaper Gallery 2019
- Scientific poster: The use of EMDEX® in a lactose-free reformulation of cetirizine tablets
- Whitepaper: Influence of different lubricants on tabletting characteristics and dissolution behaviour
- Whitepaper: VIVAPUR® MCG – a powerful stabiliser for nasal sprays