Case study: Implementation of the SmartCR in an aseptic processing facility
Airflow reduction and energy savings achieved in HVAC compared to conventional systems.
The challenge of reducing HVAC energy consumption and operation costs without negatively affecting the quality of the finished products, ensuring cleanrooms always conform to required specifications
The SmartCR is an innovative flexible solution for cleanrooms that adjusts air changes which reduces energy consumption and operation costs, ensuring cleanrooms always conform to required specifications. The adjustment is done through the HVAC control system, considering inline particle counters, differential pressure transmitters and temperature and relative humidity probes.
This study explains the implementation of the technology in a new aseptic processing facility. In order to evaluate the energy savings reached, the different tests performed are described and the results are compared to conventional HVAC systems. Commissioning and Qualification strategy is also presented.
It demonstrates how the new system effectively responds to the high quality demanding pharmaceutical industry standards, ensuring the stability of the critical parameters of the controlled environment at all times.
The SmartCR technology has been implemented in the frame of a newly constructed aseptic facility for liquid and lyophilized products, starting from Conceptual Design, followed by a Basic and Detailed Design.
Related content from this organisation
- Case study: Upgrade of an existing sterile production room of freeze-dried vaccines to comply with the requirements of the new GMP annex 1
- Case study: Implementation of the SmartCR in an aseptic processing facility
- Case study: How to maximise performance and productivity of existing pharmaceutical sterilisation lines?
- Case Study: Controlled Nucleation: more than just a homogenization tool
- Telstar promotes aseptic technology developments for pharma production