Interview: Current and future vaccine safety aspects
Key requirements to ensure patient safety in the present-day development and production of viral vaccines, and the challenges going forward.
COVID-19 has drawn attention to the patient safety aspects of developing and manufacturing viral vaccines. This interview gives insights into the issues and obstacles faced by pharmaceutical companies, the current regulatory framework, and what Merck is doing to prepare itself and its customers for the inevitable next outbreak requiring the speedy development of a vaccine as well as streamlined and fast, but also safe, manufacture.
Related content from this organisation
- Microbial air sampler market to value $545mn by 2028
- Has the threat of waiving COVID-19 vaccine intellectual property rights had its desired effect?
- 2021 a pivotal year for personalised neoantigens, says GlobalData
- Strengthening the pharma industry’s cyber security defence
- Collaboration to develop neurostimulator for inflammatory disease treatment