Whitepaper: Neutralisers of disinfectants in culture media
A study investigating the efficiency of disinfectant-neutralising agents added to the culture media of contact plates and swabs for surface monitoring.
As the stable ingredients of disinfectants usually remain on dried surfaces after sanitising they are picked up alongside contaminant microbes by contact plates and swabs during sampling. To avoid false negatives, neutralisers are added to the culture media. This study tested the growth-promoting ability of media supplemented with lecithin and polysorbate 80 in the presence of several commercially available disinfectants containing either phenol or quaternary ammonium compounds.
Related content from this organisation
- Brochure: Welcome to bioprocessing – pathways for pioneers
- Short talk: How EN 17141 impacts active air sampler validation
- Whitepaper: Progress in LC-MS-based metabolomics techniques
- Whitepaper: Neutralisers of disinfectants in culture media
- Web portal: Check your elemental impurity according to ICH Q3D guidelines