Whitepaper: Neutralisers of disinfectants in culture media
A study investigating the efficiency of disinfectant-neutralising agents added to the culture media of contact plates and swabs for surface monitoring.
As the stable ingredients of disinfectants usually remain on dried surfaces after sanitising they are picked up alongside contaminant microbes by contact plates and swabs during sampling. To avoid false negatives, neutralisers are added to the culture media. This study tested the growth-promoting ability of media supplemented with lecithin and polysorbate 80 in the presence of several commercially available disinfectants containing either phenol or quaternary ammonium compounds.
Related content from this organisation
- Merck to support development of Orna’s circular RNA (oRNA) therapies
- Formulation development outsourcing market to be worth over $60bn by 2030
- Pursuing new paths in targeted protein degradation drug development
- Efficient shutdown recovery: leveraging RMM to unlock value and ensure environmental quality
- Improved outcome for prostate cancer patients in Phase III PROpel trial