Application Note: Evolving promising leads
Posted: 22 January 2015 | GE Healthcare
The precision of data from surface plasmon resonance (SPR)-based analyses, and the confidence with which results can be interpreted, is strongly coupled to the sensitivity of the SPR sensor. Biacore™ T200 system from GE Healthcare offers excellent sensitivity that enables detection of the lowest molecular-weight interactions and accurate measurements at very low concentrations.
The system allows generation of high-quality data even when working with unstable and sensitive molecules such as membrane proteins.
Advantages of kinetics in screening and characterisation Interactions characterised by similar affinities can have very different kinetics. By resolving affinity into on- and off-rates, comprehensive information is obtained on how the dynamics of molecular interactions relate to protein function. On-rates reflect recognition between interacting partners, while off-rates indicate the stability of the complex. This information provides an extra dimension which can be crucial in supporting hit-to-lead development…
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Cell line development services market to value $2.4 billion by 2030
- ebook: Important considerations for every bio-pharmaceutical microbiology QC lab
- Global nebulisers market to decline after COVID-19
- Global distribution partnership established for Strontium89
- Low costs of dispersible products to drive single-use bioprocessing market