Application note: Direct PCR from blood using Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase
This application note describes how researchers can successfully perform PCR from blood samples without DNA purification using Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase…
Invitrogen™ Platinum™ SuperFi™ DNA Polymerase is engineered with a DNA-binding domain resulting in high processivity and increased resistance to PCR inhibitors present in blood, as well as to most widely used blood preservatives (e.g., heparin, EDTA, citrate).
This application note describes how researchers can successfully perform PCR from blood samples without DNA purification using Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase. Multiplex PCR can also be used to amplify more than one target sequence directly from blood. This protocol minimizes sample loss and helps significantly reduce protocol time with no DNA purification or isolation steps.
Materials and methods
- Whole blood
- Invitrogen™ Platinum™ SuperFi™ PCR Master Mix (Cat. No. 12358010) or Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase (Cat. No. 12351010)
- Invitrogen™ dNTP Mix (10 mM each, Cat. No. 18427013; only required for stand-alone enzyme)
- Forward and reverse primers
- 50 mM MgCl2
- Invitrogen™ E-Gel™ General Purpose Agarose Gels or equivalent
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Creating a connected ecosystem to gain insights across R&D
- Thermo Fisher Scientific announces first-ever cloud-based application for connectivity to electronic pipettes
- Thermo Fisher Scientific announces its first Cloud-Enabled Biological Safety Cabinet
- New breakthrough cell culture management technology designed for optimal sample protection
- Providing the tools and solutions