Whitepaper: The Integrated Pharmaceutical Development Platform
This whitepaper introduces the concept of the electronic Development Record (eDR) and how a holistic, platform approach to the capture, management and re-use of product and process data can propel the development process forwards, reduce costs, improve quality and enhance corporate image…
Despite breaking global sales records in 2015, biopharmaceutical companies are witnessing a slowing in growth and are under increasing pressure from payers and competitors to reduce costs. Compounding this, a recent study has found that the average cost of new drug and biologics development is now in excess of $2.5 billion, and growing at a rate of more than 8% per year.
Cost reduction initiatives in R&D organizations frequently focus on the potential benefits of process improvements such as enhanced monitoring and improved QC of raw materials but often overlook the impact of better data management. Those that do typically focus on achieving efficiency gains by transitioning from paper to electronic systems but while such a transition has been demonstrated to save time, efficiency gains are only beneficial if any time saved is used productively.
This whitepaper introduces the concept of the electronic Development Record (eDR) and how a holistic, platform approach to the capture, management and re-use of product and process data can propel the development process forwards, reduce costs, improve quality and enhance corporate image.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Uncover the potential of your lab – discover how digital transformation can be so much more than just insights
- Biopharma Processing & Development In-Depth Focus 2019
- The data challenges of research & development and collaboration
- Biopharma, Processing & Development In-Depth Focus 2018
- Application Note: Transforming your bioanalysis operations