Application note: Verification of pharmaceutical raw materials using the Spectrum Two N FT-NIR Spectrometer
In this application note, PerkinElmer describes how the Spectrum Two N™ FT-NIR spectrometer can be deployed using a workflow approach, suitable for a regulated environment, to overcome a range of different challenges in raw material identification…
Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy is an important technique for materials checking at various stages of the manufacturing process, but is particularly useful at the raw materials inspection stage. Raw materials come in a variety of physical forms including liquids, gels, and solids, requiring a versatile instrument with convenient, interchangeable sampling modules to cater to the entire range of raw materials encountered.
Rapid identification of a material by its NIR spectrum can be achieved by comparison against a series of reference spectra for that specific material, requiring the material to be both identified and discriminated from similar materials.
This application note describes how the Spectrum Two N™ FT-NIR spectrometer can be deployed using a workflow approach, suitable for a regulated environment, to overcome a range of different challenges in raw material identification while also meeting the stringent requirements of 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Take control of your impurities testing
- Expert view: Current trends in detection of falsified medicines
- Separations & Purifications In-Depth Focus 2018
- Application Note: Identification of counterfeit phosphodiesterase inhibitors using NIR spectroscopy and chemometrics
- Application note: Verification of pharmaceutical raw materials using the Spectrum Two N FT-NIR Spectrometer