Whitepaper: Meeting modern data integrity and compliance requirements
FDA was perhaps understating a point when it said in its April 2016 Draft Guidance: Data Integrity and Compliance with cGMP that the increasing number of data integrity-related cGMP violations identified during its inspections was ‘troubling’…
In fact, 21 out of 28 warning letters issued by the agency between January 2015 and May 2016 involved data integrity issues in drug manufacturing.
Ultimately, whether you are a drug manufacturer, clinical research organisation (CRO) or pharmaceutical R&D company, the accuracy and completeness of data is critical for safe product development, and any breach of data integrity could have serious implications for human health.
cGMP violations identified through routine regulatory inspections are manifold. Regulators do witness some intentional violations, perhaps the destruction of paper records, or the failure to take corrective action to address open investigations into interrupted, missing, deleted or lost data. However, in most cases non-compliance is not the result of overt misconduct, but stems from inadequate or poorly implemented procedures, ineffectual computer system security – think shared logins and permissions – and poor understanding of and adherence to internal practices, SOPs and controls.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Moving towards the digitalisation of your lab, with the 8th edition of the Paperless Lab Academy® – this year, online
- FDA grants Emergency Use Authorisation to Abott’s SARS-CoV-2, influenza and RSV test
- Antibiotics market set to generate revenue of $58,800 million by 2027
- Rapid microbiology testing market set to be worth over $6 billion in 2026
- Abbott receives CE mark for COVID-19 IgG quantitative antibody blood test