Application Note: Streamlined purification of assay‑ready oligonucleotides by automated HPLC
Oligonucleotides must be of high purity when used in molecular biology applications, but efficient purification over a large range of production scales is challenging. The Gilson GX-271 Oligonucleotide Purification System provides a versatile solution for continuous separation, analysis, and desalting of oligonucleotides…
Oligonucleotides are crucial components in many molecular biology techniques, such as qPCR, next generation sequencing (NGS), and microarray analysis and also have applications as therapeutics. These custom manufactured compounds require additional purification steps after large scale synthesis. The full-length products must be separated from truncated sequences, inhibiting salts, and base protecting groups. Efficient purification of oligonucleotides, of different lengths and at different production scales, presents a manufacturing challenge.
To overcome these challenges, Gilson has developed a single liquid handling platform configured with automated preparative and analytical HPLC capabilities that can be used to isolate, analyse, and desalt reagent-grade oligonucleotides in one continuous run.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- CPC – Ideal for your natural product purification
- Application Note: Streamlined purification of assay‑ready oligonucleotides by automated HPLC
- Application Note: Cost-effective approach to the purification of cannabinoids using CPC
- Application Note: Analytical vs Preparative HPLC: what’s the difference?