Application Note: Highly selective bioanalytical quantitation method for analysis of R and S amlodipine enantiomers in human plasma using LC-MS/MS
Amlodipine is an angioselective calcium channel blocker used to treat high blood pressure, chest pain and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease.
Racemic mixture of amlodipine is used for therapeutic purposes. S amlodipine is the pharmacologically active enantiomer of amlodipine. The use of racemic mixture of amlodipine showed adverse effects like peripheral edema, headache, dizziness, flushing and abdominal pain. Studies have reported these adverse effects are rarely associated with S Amlodipine. R and S enantiomers of amlodipine exhibit different pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Here we present a Selective LC-MS/MS method, developed to monitor concentrations of R and S enantiomers of amlodipine in human plasma to evaluate the pharmaceutical equivalence for both racemic and S amlodipine formulations of amlodipine.
Related content from this organisation
- Expert view: The future of biologics quality – multiple attribute methodology
- Application note: New Peak Detection Using the SCIEX OS Software 1.5 MAM Workflow
- Application note: Rapid Analysis of Genotoxic Nitrosamines by HPLC-MS/MS
- SCIEX Triple Quad™ 5500+ LC-MS/MS system – QTRAP® ready launches at ASMS 2019
- Application Note: Sensitive quantitation of the ADC ado-trastuzumab emtansine free cytotoxic drug DM1 in serum using MicroLC-MS