Formulation, Development & Delivery In-Depth Focus 2018
In this In-Depth Focus; early biotherapeutic lead optimisation for more efficient drug discovery and development, and turning promising compounds into drug candidates.
- Early biotherapeutic lead optimisation for more efficient drug discovery and development
Lead optimisation for discovery of small molecule drug candidates is well established, but less so for biological drug candidates. While biologics are much easier to modify than non-natural small molecules, via the introduction of changes in their amino acid sequence through genetic engineering technologies, this approach is frequently met with trepidation.
- The path to clinic: turning promising compounds into drug candidates
Turning a promising preclinical compound into a drug candidate that is fit for first-in-human (FIH) trials is a complex, multi-stage process requiring expertise in formulation development and clinical trial management.
This In-Depth Focus is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!