Whitepaper: Current trends in Raman Spectroscopy for Upstream Bioprocess Monitoring and Control
Posted: 1 September 2015 | Kaiser Optical Systems
This application note covers some new trends in bioprocess monitoring and control focusing on the increasing use of Kaiser Optical Systems Raman spectrometers as multi-measurement bioprocess sensors to enable quality by design, process optimization, process control and continuous processing…
More than ten years have passed since the creation of the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Process Analytical Technology (PAT) framework, during which the bioprocess has continuously evolved resulting in new challenges that have been addressed with a multitude of innovative measurement and control solutions.
The FDA has identified a number of hurdles that will need to be addressed if these innovations are to scale-up from research, into the process development suite, and ultimately the GMP manufacturing suite. However, as evidenced by the growing number of success stories being shared by the industry, this is well underway.
Links to mature manufacturing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing are also made throughout this note to highlight the value of Raman-based solutions for improvement of capability and efficiency.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Expert View: Beyond API monitoring: in‑line Raman spectroscopy for bioprocess monitoring and control
- Application Note: Representative sampling of solids and turbid media in process raman spectroscopy
- Scientific Poster & Whitepaper Gallery 2018
- Scientific Poster: Raman spectroscopy technologies enabling scalable process control in bioprocessing
- Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc. receives 2017 Aspen Award for the advancement of upstream bioprocessing