Application Note: Direct measurement of challenging target-ligand interactions
GE Healthcare’s most sensitive SPR-based sensor enables accurate interaction analysis of LMW fragments binding to difficult targets.
The trend within small molecule drug discovery is towards biophysical screening of challenging targets such as allosteric modulators or G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and other membrane proteins, which tend to be more unstable and difficult to maintain active through the preparation process. In addition to working with such difficult targets, it is also more common to adopt a fragment-based approach for lead discovery. Fragment-based drug discovery offers increased coverage of the chemical space with fewer compounds, but also imposes challenges related to the low molecular weight while solubility issues often force analyses to be performed at suboptimal concentrations. The SPR-based biosensor Biacore™ S200 from GE Healthcare offers exceptional sensitivity that meets the high demands put on biophysical instrumentation used for the analyses of very small compounds and challenging targets.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Guide to QA/QC Instrumentation
- Single Use: In-Depth Focus 2016
- AMRA Profiler to be added to GE Healthcare MRI scanners
- BIO-Europe Spring® 2016 Event in Sweden this April will bring 2,000+ life science executives to Stockholm-Uppsala region
- Application Note: Direct measurement of challenging target-ligand interactions