Application note: Real-time quality prediction of continuously produced pharmaceutical granules
This application note discusses an application of Raman spectroscopy for real-time, non-destructive evaluation of chemical changes in the API…
Continuous manufacturing approaches have been gaining interest in the pharmaceutical industry. They allow shorter production times, enable novel reaction pathways, increase assurances of product quality and help to realize cost savings.
Recent regulatory support of continuous manufacturing further encourages manufacturers to adapt new continuous approaches. A significant challenge posed by continuous manufacturing is an intensified need for real-time inline or online process monitoring. Offline sampling techniques are too slow to effectively monitor continuous processes. An ideal method for monitoring a continuous process would yield quantifiable information on specific chemical moieties quickly to enable real-time control of the process.
Granulation is a technique used to create solid dose tablets where API particles are bonded to excipient particles. Granules have several advantageous properties including better flow, less dust, higher density, and less segregation. Physical and chemical properties of the granules are crucial to their ability to be further processed into the final tablet product.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Scientific Poster & Whitepaper Gallery 2018
- Scientific Poster: Raman spectroscopy technologies enabling scalable process control in bioprocessing
- Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc. receives 2017 Aspen Award for the advancement of upstream bioprocessing
- Biopharma Processing & Development In-Depth Focus 2018
- Employee testimonials – working with Kaiser