Whitepaper: Enabling single-software multiple attribute methodology (MAM) for assessment of biopharmaceutical product quality attributes
Development and production of biopharmaceuticals is complex. Even minor impurities, or changes in attributes such as glycosylation or charge heterogeneity, can have a profound impact on the safety and efficacy of the final product. Traditionally, multiple analytical techniques have been required to assess the full range of biopharmaceutical product attributes. But the inevitable consequence of multiple analytical techniques is greater expenditures of time and resources.
The Multiple Attribute Methodology (MAM), an orthogonal approach based on peptide map separation coupled with high-resolution mass spectrometry, is rapidly emerging as a powerful tool for characterisation and monitoring of biopharmaceutical attributes. The range of attributes that can be monitored using this approach is extensive. MAM can be used to assess, track, and provide detailed data on multiple, specific biologic product quality attributes at the peptide level. In addition to tracking the therapeutic molecule itself, MAM can be used to detect known impurities related to production of the biotherapeutic, as well as unknown impurities (new peaks) present in samples but not in corresponding standards.
The rest of this whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- SCIEX announces latest innovations for improving healthcare and well-being at ASMS
- SCIEX announces new BioPharmaView Software 3.0 for streamlining multiple-attribute methodology (MAM)
- SCIEX OS 1.4 launches with next-generation algorithms and complete data processing compatibility across SCIEX mass spectrometry platforms
- Whitepaper: Enabling single-software multiple attribute methodology (MAM) for assessment of biopharmaceutical product quality attributes
- Overcoming new challenges in the multispecific antibody characterisation by LC-MS/MS