Case study: Challenges in day-to-day operations: The battle of performance in production
How an inline vial management device is able to reject, retrieve for sampling, or reintroduce vials automatically during the loading/unloading process into pharmaceutical freeze-dryers.
How new technology in the field of loading & unloading systems for pharmaceutical freeze-drying processes allows inline vial management to reject, retrieve for sampling, or reintroduce vials automatically during the loading / unloading process into pharmaceutical freeze-dryers. The system has been designed for
automatic detection & treatment of vials in an automatic line. Designed for detection and the subsequent management of a particular vial in the process line, the module is able to identify and separate a specific vial according to different parameters: stopper position, missing stopper, wrong stopper position, color
variation, etc. After identification, it is capable of performing several tasks: rejection of the vial to a rejection container, separation of vial for sampling, separation of one vial for a specific function, introduction of a pre-prepared vial or re-introduction of a vial subsequent to removal. This case study shows how the implementation of this new system effectively responds to high demanding specific challenges.
Related content from this organisation
- Press release: Freeze drying: New Telstar Usifroid platform for retrofitting & maintenance
- Press release: Telstar: 360 degrees GMP consultancy & engineering solutions at CPhI
- Whitepaper: Digital transformation of medical devices sterilisation by EtO
- Case study: New trends: reducing GWP impact on GMP freeze drying processes
- Case study: Challenges in manufacturing high value lyophilised oncology drugs