Whitepaper: A study of the peristaltic life and pumping performance of three TPE tubing products to assess their suitability for continuous bioprocessing
Drug manufacturers are increasingly adopting continuous bioprocessing to manufacture biologics as efficiently as possible. This is being driven by a need to reduce production costs and prices of pharmaceutical products. Furthermore, the FDA has stated its support for the implementation of continuous bioprocessing. A key consequence of continuous bioprocessing is that single-use components and assemblies must maintain integrity for process cycle times of up to 90 days
For peristaltic pump tubing, there is added complexity because of the loads placed on the tubing by the pump and the resultant dynamic wear on the tubing. A peristaltic tube must deliver confidence that it will not fail within the process cycle time and that it will deliver consistent flow rate over this time.
In view of this, Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG), fluid path solutions provider of peristaltic pumps and single-use components, outlines the results of a study which makes comparisons between the peristaltic life and pumping performance of PureWeld® XL TPE tubing and two leading industry alternatives.
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: A study of the peristaltic life and pumping performance of three TPE tubing products to assess their suitability for continuous bioprocessing
- Watson-Marlow expert Dr. Sade Mokuolu to present Biomanufacturing Masterclass at INTERPHEX 2019
- Lunch & Learn event – in association with NIBRT – will introduce the benefits of Quantum peristaltic pump technology for downstream bioprocesses
- Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group presents complete bioprocessing fluid path showcase at Achema 2018
- Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group presenting complete bioprocessing fluid path showcase at INTERPHEX 2018