Application Note: Benefits of web-based solutions applied to eve for bioprocess software
Posted: 13 December 2017 | Infors HT | No comments yet
The development of powerful, modern browsers and the proliferation of mobile platforms has altered the way in which programs run and where data is stored…
Concepts like a ‘webbased solution’ and ‘cloud computing’ are everyday terms, but their definition is often very difficult to establish. Brief definitions are provided below which offer a framework in which to discuss the benefits of using these concepts for bioprocess software.
“WEB-BASED” refers to software which is accessed over a network connection, locally or remotely (via the internet), and which is run in a web browser. These applications do not have to be installed locally on the user’s computer as they run from a computer acting as a server, and the browser acting as the client. Examples in everyday use include webmail (such as Google mail, online banking, etc) and numerous online games. The size and scope of the program running on the server is not relevant, be it a sophisticated bioprocess management or a simple application for a mobile phone.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Click here to Subscribe today Login here
Related content from this organisation
- Product Hub: Multitron incubation shaker
- Scientific Poster & Whitepaper Gallery 2018
- Scientific Poster: From Screening to Small Scale GMP Biomanufacturing: Exploring a simple, unified platform strategy for handling a range of cell culture needs
- Biopharma Processing & Development In-Depth Focus 2018
- The bioprocess platform software eve® is now compatible with Applikon and Sartorius bioreactors