Application Note: Quantitation of intact therapeutic protein in plasma matrix by LC/MS
A complete workflow to quantify intact therapeutic proteins in plasma matrix has been developed, covering three critical components in preclinical sample analysis: target protein enrichment/purification, LC/MS data acquisition and quantitative data analysis.
Trastuzumab in rat plasma was enriched/purified with one-hour immuno-capture workflow, to remove background matrix. The enriched/purified intact trastuzumab samples were analysed by high-flow LC/MS in SCIEX X500B QTOF system. A Novel data processing strategy with automated data reconstruction in PeakView® software was utalised to filter out interference from residual matrix proteins. Quantitation of trastuzumab in rat plasma at intact protein level was achieved with a linear dynamic range of 100 ng/mL to 50,000 ng/mL and a limit of detection of 50ng/mL in 50 µL of rat plasma.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Note: Sensitive quantitation of the ADC ado-trastuzumab emtansine free cytotoxic drug DM1 in serum using MicroLC-MS
- Application Note: Highly selective bioanalytical quantitation method for analysis of R and S amlodipine enantiomers in human plasma using LC-MS/MS
- Application Note: Simultaneous quantitation/profiling of cell culture medium components using LC-MS/MS
- Application Note: Quantitation of intact therapeutic protein in plasma matrix by LC/MS
- Overcoming unusual challenges in the characterisation of a monoclonal antibodies by LC-MS from early to late stage of development