Whitepaper: Raman-Based Nutrient Control in Bioprocessing Optimises Viable Cell Density and Protein Glycation
Production of protein therapeutics by mammalian cells is the most widely used bioprocess because of its ability to properly produce and fold a recombinant protein…
60-70% of biopharmaceuticals are produced by this bioprocess. Bioreactor parameters affect cell metabolic processes and detailed bioreactor knowledge is needed to achieve a balanced and consistent metabolic state of cultured cells.
An online Raman-driven feedback control system was shown to improve a biopharmaceutical protein product’s quality. Raman can simultaneously measure other bioreactor parameters in addition to glucose, including lactate, osmolality and cell density, providing a detailed profile of bioreactor parameters.
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Raman-Based Nutrient Control in Bioprocessing Optimises Viable Cell Density and Protein Glycation
- Whitepaper: Raman-Based Endpoint Detection of a Heterogeneous Etherification Reaction
- Kaiser Optical Systems Inc.
- Application note: Real-time quality prediction of continuously produced pharmaceutical granules
- Application note: Enhanced Raman reflection spectroscopy for process analytical technology