Whitepaper: Raman-Based Nutrient Control in Bioprocessing Optimises Viable Cell Density and Protein Glycation
Production of protein therapeutics by mammalian cells is the most widely used bioprocess because of its ability to properly produce and fold a recombinant protein…
60-70% of biopharmaceuticals are produced by this bioprocess. Bioreactor parameters affect cell metabolic processes and detailed bioreactor knowledge is needed to achieve a balanced and consistent metabolic state of cultured cells.
An online Raman-driven feedback control system was shown to improve a biopharmaceutical protein product’s quality. Raman can simultaneously measure other bioreactor parameters in addition to glucose, including lactate, osmolality and cell density, providing a detailed profile of bioreactor parameters.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Scientific Poster & Whitepaper Gallery 2018
- Scientific Poster: Raman spectroscopy technologies enabling scalable process control in bioprocessing
- Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc. receives 2017 Aspen Award for the advancement of upstream bioprocessing
- Biopharma Processing & Development In-Depth Focus 2018
- Employee testimonials – working with Kaiser