Whitepaper: Simultaneous in situ real-time monitoring of a bioprocess
In mammalian-cell-based bioprocesses the most common critical process parameters (CPPs) include physical parameters (temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen [DO] levels) as well as chemical properties (pH, concentrations of both substrates and byproducts) and biochemical properties (cell number and viability, cell physiology).
Careful control of these CPPs is necessary to effect quality-assurance and maintain the tight parameters on product variability demanded by the FDA. Monitoring of these CPPs in situ has typically been limited to just a few of the simplest parameters such as temperature, pressure, pH, and DO because simple one-dimensional sensors exist to measure these properties.
Chemical and biochemical properties, which are more complex to measure, are typically measured off-line. However, the inherently time consuming nature of off-line analysis makes it unsuitable for the real-time process control called for in the PAT initiative.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Scientific Poster & Whitepaper Gallery 2018
- Scientific Poster: Raman spectroscopy technologies enabling scalable process control in bioprocessing
- Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc. receives 2017 Aspen Award for the advancement of upstream bioprocessing
- Biopharma Processing & Development In-Depth Focus 2018
- Employee testimonials – working with Kaiser